Monday, November 1, 2010

Would you dare to believe?

Men are self-serving and self-satisfying beings.


We only think about ourselves, we do not care about the pain that our friends are going through while we indulge in happiness.

We do not care if we step people to achieve our point of happiness, even if they were once our best friends.

We are helpful people... So long as there's something in it for us.


And yet, almost as if it was in our nature, or almost as if it was in our blood to be self-serving and arrogant. Why then do we look so highly upon those who show signs of altruism? Why is it that when a man sacrifices everything for his friends knowing that he has everything to lose and nothing to gain, we admire him?

If it is our nature to eat, wouldn't we admire food and not starvation?


And yet, if it is our nature to be proud, why is it that we look highly upon the humble?





My best friends might have failed me, but does this equate to me seeking revenge?



Someone once said that when Jesus said that "If someone slaps you on the left cheek, let him slap you on the right", it was illogical and immoral. Why on earth would you let and evil person do whatever they want to you?


But taking things into context, did he really mean this? Or was he saying "Do not repay evil with evil?"


Am I repaying evil with evil? Am I fighting against the one thing that I despise the most with that one thing that I despise the most? Am I fighting fire with fire, trading tooth for tooth?





But on the other hand... Can I really forgive?

No comments: